Attention Scoutmasters and Parents:
DATC and the Boy Scouts Trapper Trails Council are giving your scout troops, teams and crews an opportunity to earn one or two merit badges in just two days at the DATC PowWow. The PowWow offers Scoutmasters: 18 merit badges, breakfast, restrooms, vending machines/bookstore for snacks and an overnight campout.
Hands-on Merit Badges include: Automotive, Composite Materials, Cooking, Digital Technology, Crime Prevention/Fingerprinting, Dentistry, Drafting, Electricity, Electronics, Entrepreneurship, Geocaching, Graphic Arts, Medicine, Photography, Plumbing, Robotics and Welding.
Note: Some classes may require a prerequisite prior to the powwow. Click here for details
- Choose a different merit badge for each session
- Make sure that you have a Session 1 & 2 Merit Badge selection
- Some selections will take both Sessions 1 and 2 (4 hours). Only select one of the following:
- American Business
- Drafting Arts
- Graphic Arts
- You can purchase all your scouts requests all at once
- We will provide name badges with Session 1 & 2 selections printed on the back
Further questions contact Danna Asay at 801-593-2494 or email@example.com
Scoutmasters or parents please sign up each boy individually for your 1-2 merit badge sessions. Scout Troops must have 2 leaders for campout in attendance in order for the boy to register. The cost is $15/merit badge for the boy and $5 per adult to cover costs of food and supplies. Additionally, it is $5 for the camp out for each scout.
Individual scouts can come on Saturday only for the Merit Badge classes. These scouts should be dropped off at 7:45 am for registration and should be picked up at 12:00 pm.
Select Merit Badge sessions may have an additional fee for supplies, as noted on the registration form.
Davis Applied Technology College
550 E 300 S
$30 (only 360 seats available), $5 for campout
$5 per leader (Scout Troops must have 2 leaders and individual scouts must have 1 Parent in attendance).
Friday, April 24, 2015
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm | Registration & Tent Setup (bring your own dinner)
- No open fires. Space for propane stoves will be available
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm | Senior Patrol Leader Meeting
- 8:00pm - 8:30pm | Free Time (Book Store & Vending Machines available, tell scout to bring money if interested)
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm | Welcome by Trapper Trails Council, DATC Board, Guest Speaker (Retire Flag)
- 9:30pm - 6:00am | Campout (Optional)
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- 6:00am - 7:00am | Tent tear down
- 7:00am - 7:45am | Free Time (Book Store & Vending Machines available, tell scout to bring money if interested)
- 8:00am – 10:00am | Merit Badge 1: Instructional & Hands-on Labs (2 hours)
- 8:00am – 12:00pm | Merit Badge 1: Instructional & Hands-on Labs (4 hours)
- 10:00am – 12:00pm | Merit Badge 2: Instructional & Hands-on Labs (2 hours)
- 12:00 - 1:00pm | Clean-up & Departure