School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The length of this program has been changed from 930 to 900 hours for cohorts beginning on or after July 1, 2015. Please see the Practical Nurse FAQs for additional information about related changes to program course requirements.
The purpose of the Practical Nurse Program in Utah at the Davis Applied Technology College is to prepare the graduate to function at the first level of nursing in a multitude of health care settings. Classroom theory is provided concurrently with a variety of clinical practice situations. Graduates will also be prepared to move directly into the next educational level of nursing school, the Associate Degree.
The Practical Nurse program in Utah is accredited through the ACEN, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. Information regarding accreditation can be obtained at:
ACEN, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Have questions? Contact the Pre-Admissions Advisor at 801-593-2341 or NursingAdvisor@datc.edu to find out more about getting started in the DATC's Practical Nurse program.
- Program Length
- 900 hours (10 months)
- Main Campus
Jan 06, 2016
Feb 25, 2016
May 04, 2016
Jun 29, 2016
- Practical Nurse (900 required hours)
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing (DOPL)
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Placement Rates
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Review the program Admissions Requirements and Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete and submit the Practical Nurse Program Application during the following application dates:
- Jan 06, 2016 - Feb 25, 2016 (Class begins: July 2016)
- May 04, 2016 - Jun 29, 2016 (Class begins: October 2016)
- If you are accepted into the Practical Nurse program, complete the DATC Admissions process:
- Review post-admission requirements and bring an official transcript to the DATC Nursing Office of classes completed.