School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The goal of the Medical Assistant program is to prepare competent, entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains. To achieve this goal, students will be trained in all aspects of medical office practice including administrative tasks and back office clinical tasks. Upon successful completion of all required courses, students will participate in a non-paid externship in a medical office.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the American Association of Medical Assistants Certification and the Certified Medical Assistant Certification exams. DATC has a 94.44% five-year average pass rate on industry certification exams.
The Medical Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- Program Length
- 1500 hours (16 months)
- Main Campus
- Open Enrollment Year Round
- Medical Assistant (1500 required hours)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) Certification
- Placement Rates
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Medical Assistants
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the DATC Admissions process:
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Start Class