If you have received a letter from the DATC inviting you to join the NTHS, congratulations! Now, what does it mean?
Your professor has nominated you to join the NTHS because you have been recognized as a leader, have been performing superbly academically, or have shown great personal qualities that are unique.
- NTHS Mission
- To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
- NTHS Vision
- To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
What is the National Technical Honor Society?
It is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.
Thousands of schools and colleges throughout the U.S. and its territories have a chapter of the honor society on their campus. These member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
More simply put, it is something you can put on your resume that says you are amazing! Additionally, it is a great way to network with other students in the school and to become an active member in the community.
We have created a chapter at the DATC for our NTHS members where we participate in community service projects, educational and skills training for post-education success, and support each other as we all progress on our educational journey. Students often find it helpful to use the club as a resource, to find solutions to problems other members have faced, and for general support and guidance.
What do I need to do now?
Attend the orientation on the date and time indicated in your nomination letter. You can review information available on the national site. If you have any questions, please write them down and ask at the orientation or email your NTHS officers at NTHS@mail.datc.edu. From there you will fill out an application, pay the processing fee, be a part of an induction ceremony, and then attend your first NTHS meeting. All the details will be covered in the orientation, so don’t worry about the details.
If you have any questions about anything that the NTHS is involved with, please do contact us, we love hearing from members and prospective members!
NTHS is Committed to
- Providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education.
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools.
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members.
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry.
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change.
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs.
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.
School Membership Benefits
- An internationally recognized and proven program with thousands of member schools and colleges.
- Encourages higher student achievement and success.
- Contributes to a strong, positive school image in the local community.
- Awards scholarships to NTHS members.
- Membership develops self-esteem and pride.
- Helps schools build and maintain active partnerships with local business and industry.
- Helps schools attract and recruit more qualified students into career and technical education programs.
- Encourages the involvement of parents and family in the educational process.
- Partnered with BPA, DECA, FCCLA, FBLA/PBL, HOSA and SkillsUSA in promoting excellence in career and technical education.
- Encourages service learning in the local community.
- NTHS Hall of Fame for outstanding leaders and educators.
Student Membership Benefits
- Membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry.
- NTHS scholarships, a big advantage for NTHS members exclusively.
- Members receive a membership certificate, presentation folder, pin, ID card, graduation tassel, a letter of recommendation customized for the student's career portfolio, window decal and official NTHS seal to be applied to the member’s diploma or training certificate.
- Personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.