Digital Media Design
School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The Digital Media Design program offers students an exciting opportunity to prepare for careers in graphic design, web design and development, and game design. The program offers students an exciting range of courses from image editing, digital video, and search engine optimization to 3D animation and digital sculpting.
The core foundation of the program begins by engaging students in the possibilities of graphic design for both print and digital media. Initial training includes instruction in typography and advertising strategies as well as specific courses in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects. In later stages, students may choose to focus in web design and development or digital art design. For the web design and development focus, the process of website creation is strengthened by training in logo design, brochure creation, e-commerce solutions, social media and email marketing, digital conversion, responsive web design, and video editing. Students who choose to focus on game design will develop skills in 3D modeling, animation, game design fundamentals, digital graphic design, while working with industry standard software like 3D Studio Max, Maya, Gamemaker Studio and ZBrush.
In the final stages of the program, students will work with skilled instructors to hone their job seeking skills and to create a professional design portfolio to market their skills to prospective employers in the high tech fields of digital media.
- Program Cost
- (Tuition, Student Fees and Books. Some courses may require additional fees.)
- Program Length
- 1200 hours (13 months)
- Main Campus
- Open Enrollment Year Round
- DATC Certificate of Program Completion
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the DATC Admissions process:
- Complete an orientation with the Digital Media Design
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month: 11am or 4:30pm - Room HJB104
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Start class the day after orientation